Giving Something Back
Gareth and Jenny have always lived in Torbay, so their aim is to try to give something back to the local community both through the business and personally. As such they want to share with you what little contributions they and the kind customers of G A Auto Services have been able to make:
- G A Auto Services have supported Paignton Zoo Environmental Park by donating to the Save Our Species Club for the last two years.
- In 2016 our customers donated their change and G A Auto Services matched these to donate £200.00 to the Special Care Bay Unit at Torbay Hospital as Gareth and Jenny’s Son and Nephew spent time in the unit when born.
- Jenny also took part in Charity Bag packing days over for two years at Sainsburys Torquay when the Special Care Bay Unit at Torbay Hospital was there chosen supported charity.
- Sponsorship of an up and coming Brixham Darts player who wants to make it to professional standards and play at Lake Side one day. With help from G A Auto Services and other local businesses Sam Luscombe has had many achievements to date some of which being:
· Having played and beaten Ronnie Baxter the former world Champion ranked at number 3.
· Beaten Andy Fordham former world champion.
· In 2016 entered the British Darts Organisation’s (BDO) open 3rd round, only losing to Ross Montgomery current BDO world ranked no.5.
- In the summer of 2017 G A Auto Services sponsored Brixham Rugby Clubs Youth Camp by assisting with the cost of the kit shirts. 161 children attended the camp over 3 days and were informed by the Youth Chairman that great fun was had by all!
- In October 2017 a group of local ladies, some of which being our customers, set a up a Ladies Rugby Team named the Bluebirds @ Totnes Rugby club, we sponsored them £200 to help with the cost of buying their team kit. You can follow them on Facebook by clicking here.
- 2018’s personal worthy cause is the Keep Me Close Appeal, this charity works extremely hard to raise fund for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Plymouth where Gareth and Jenny’s nephew was cared for when he was born with Sepsis a life threatening infection. To help raise funs Gareth and his brother are doing a sky dive on the 10th June.
- G A Auto Services have sponsored The Atlantic Rowing Team, 2mikes1boat. The 2 Mike’s Team are going to attempt to row from La Gomera in the Canary Islands to Antigua in the Caribbean Islands to raise money for Prostate Cancer Uk & The Ben Cohen Stand Up Foundation. We have sponsored the team and brought them 2 Safety Harnesses, much needed equipment for their trip. You can read about the Row and show your support by visit their website www.2mikes1boat.com
We hope this page will just keep growing and any support from customers whether it means sharing a Facebook post boosting the awareness of the cause or donating your change from your service is greatly appreciated.
Let’s work together to keep giving a little something back!